The Social Work Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Series is a partnership between UNLV School of Social Work and UNLV Continuing Education. This program is designed for social work practitioners in Nevada. Training led by UNLV School of Social Work faculty as well as experienced Southern Nevada clinicians will expand your understanding of topics commonly faced by social workers in their practices.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Preventing Interpersonal Violence
- Trauma World: Three Decades of Intervention
- Integrated Behavioral Health
- Violence & Threat Assessment
- Developing Cultural Competency in Working with LGBTQ Youth
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Ethics & Technology
- Ethical Issues Working with High Conflict Family Law Cases
- Treating Addictions
- Advanced Skills for Child Clinicians
Courses are offered the second Thursday of the month, 6-9:15 p.m. at the UNLV Paradise campus. All courses apply toward Nevada's biennial continuing education requirements for LSW, LASW, LCSW, or LISW license renewal.