Don’t risk revenue shortfalls in 2018 because you don’t know the ins and outs of code set changes. Get the lowdown on updates to ICD-10-CM, CPT®, and ICD-10-PCS for 2018, including new, revised, and deleted codes + expert advice on the rationale behind the code changes. Gear up for accurate coding across code sets with authoritative step-by-step guidance from The Coding Institute (TCI) n a one-day boot camp sponsored by TCI and University of Nevada, Las Vegas, on October 04, 2017: 2018 Coding Updates for ICD-10-CM, CPT®, and ICD-10-PCS.
Your expert coding instructor, Nikki Taylor, MBA, CPC®, COC™, CPMA®, AAPC Fellow, will clear up confusion on thousands of code changes to fully prepare you for the next round of updates ̶ all in one day.
During the three-part training, you will master updates to ICD-10-CM, CPT®, and ICD-10-PCS:
- Tackle over 300 new ICD-10-CM codes effective October 1, 2017
- Zip through diagnosis coding compliance by recognizing 142 deleted codes and 226 revised code descriptions and why they matter
- Safeguard against incorrect coding ̶ review changes to the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
- CPT® changes: Brace yourself for hundreds of new codes, revised descriptors, and deletions effective January 1, 2018, rationale for the changes, and updates to coding guidelines
- Get the inside scoop on over 3,500 new ICD-10-PCS codes effective October 1, 2017
- Conquer updates to the ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines, and learn how to apply them with documentation tips to ensure coding accuracy
- Nail down the importance of documentation for appropriate diagnosis code selection across code sets
- Walk through examples and real-world scenarios help you practice and master 2018 code changes with hands-on practice
- Keep expert tools and resources at your fingertips to save time and increase coding productivity
- Q & A sessions to clear up confusion
- Plus - Earn 5 CEUs from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
About your instructor:
Nikki Taylor, MBA, CPC®, COC™, CPMA®, AAPC Fellow, is lead auditor for The Coding Institute (TCI) and has over 15 years’ experience in multispecialty coding, auditing, billing, and practice management. She is a nationally-recognized instructor, presenter, and author.
Cost - $249
Location & Address: UNLV Paradise Campus. 851 E Tropicana Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89119
Registration 9:30 am - 10am
Start Time – 10am
One-day training includes lunch and refreshment.
If you have additional questions about this class please call 866-228-9252.