Starting Fall 2017, UNLV Continuing Education will implement an application process for our certificate programs in order to provide enhanced student support services and benefits to our students pursuing a certificate program. Prospective certificate program students are required to enroll in the respective certificate application course to state their intention of pursuing that certificate. All students (e.g. students who have taken courses in the past and new students taking a course in a certificate program for the first time) must register for the certificate application course in order to receive a certificate of completion. This policy will help us better support and track the progress of certificate students.
Students pursuing a UNLV Continuing Education certificate program which has multiple core course and/or elective requirements are required to register for a certificate application course to state their intention of pursuing that certificate. All students must register for the certificate application course in order to receive a certificate of completion. This applies to students who have taken courses in the past as well as to new students taking a course in a certificate program for the first time.
The following certificate application courses are now required:
- Fashion Design (173FD9999)
- Internet Design Technology (173WM9999A)
- Grant Academy (173GR9999)
- Graphic Design (173WM9999C)
- Human Resource Management, Basic (173CP9999B)
- Human Resource Management, Advanced (173CP9999A)
- Legal Interpretation: Spanish (173LA9999A)
- Medical Interpretation: Spanish (173LA9999B)
- Nonprofit Management (173NP9999)
- Print Design (173WM9999B)
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (173UA9999)
SINGLE COURSE PROGRAM:
Students pursuing a UNLV Continuing Education certificate program which is a single course are not required to register for the separate certificate application course. Students will be enrolled in the certificate application course after the class has started.
- Community Association Management (173RP9999)
- Legal Secretary (173LE9999)
- Mediation (173CM9999)
- NASM Fitness Nutrition Specialist (173SM9999B)
- NASM Personal Training (173SM9999A)
- Paralegal/Nurse Paralegal (173PL9999)
- Personal Care Aide (173HH9999)
- PHR/SPHR (173CP9999C)
- Protective Services (173SD9999)
- RN Transition into Practice (173RN9999)
- Stage Technician Education & Development Intensive (STEADI) (173SE9999)
- Vine to Wine (173WS9999A)
For assistance or more information, please call Continuing Education at 702-895-3394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.