ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Earning the Professional in Human Resources (PHR), or the Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) designation gives you additional credibility, upgrades your knowledge and skills, and makes you more valuable as an employee. This prestigious designation is awarded by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) to those talented human resources practitioners who pass the national certification exam
Earning PHR or SPHR designation is not easy; according to the HR Certification Institute, 69 percent of exam takers passed the PHR exam in the 2019 test period. For the SPHR exam, 60 percent of test-takers passed during the same period. A structured learning environment and access to instructors with decades of HR and teaching experience can help you be a success story.
Our certification preparation classes will provide methods for the best ways to study and prepare for the exam. Sessions cover all six HR knowledge areas:
- Business Management & Strategy
- Workforce Planning & Employment
- Human Resource Development
- Compensation & Benefits
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Risk Management
Please plan to attend an orientation session, where instructors will distribute course materials and schedules, review the exam application, and discuss your first assignment.
This Program is Perfect For
Experienced human resource professionals ready to certify their knowledge.
What You Will Learn
By the end of the program students will be able to :
- Define the six major areas of human resource responsibilities
- Explain the processes and activities used to formulate Human Resources (HR) objectives and policies
- Evaluate HR’s contribution to organizational effectiveness
- Select performance management activities that meet organizational goals and objectives
- Demonstrate federal laws and regulations impacting the human resource field
Students are required to complete the PHR/SPRH Certification Preparation course to earn 3.9 CEUs.
To become certified students must successfully pass the PHR or SPHR examination offered via HRCI. For information on PHR/SPHR testing prerequisites, exam logistics, or testing fees visit hrci.org.