ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Solve problems, facilitate teams, and improve work processes using the proven strategies of Lean Six Sigma. Lean Six Sigma training combines the best practices of two of the leading organizational management approaches to eliminating wasted overhead, expenses, inventory, time, and talent.
With a Lean Six Sigma credential on your resume, current and potential employers will view you as a resource in efficient business operations and continual process improvement. Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are trained in the principles of Lean Six Sigma and are equipped with tools for initiating process improvement in the workplace. Lean Six Sigma Black Belts are prepared to lead complex projects, guide organizational culture change, and improve efficiency in all aspects of business.
This Program is Perfect For
Leaders interested in efficient business practices and continual process improvement.
What You Will Learn
By the end of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training, students will be able to:
- Solve problems, improve processes, and facilitate teams.
- Guide teams through a structured problem-solving methodology.
- Map, analyze and improve work process.
- Facilitate process improvement (Kaizen) teams.
- Communicate the impact Lean Six Sigma has on organizational objectives.
- Pass Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification exam.
By the end of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training, students will:
- Have a complete understanding of quality methods and can lead quality initiatives.
- Be able to facilitate executive level Kaizen/Process improvement events.
- Have a complete understanding and process of organizational change management.
- Have confidence consulting with organizational leaders and helping them achieve their goals/objectives.
- Be skilled in a variety of strategic planning methods.
To earn the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate you must successfully complete the Green Belt course and earn a passing score on the final certification exam.
To earn the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate you must successfully complete the Black Belt course and earn a passing score on the final certification exam.
Once you fulfill all certificate program requirements as outlined in the Academic Plan, you may request your certificate.
Ways To Register
- Register online with a credit card at https://register.edoutreach.unlv.edu/ Returning students should login with their Continuing Education Student ID number (typically in the format of X00-00-000 or XW0-00-0000) or email address. New students should click on the Sign Up button or the “create account” link to create an account.
- Register by phone with a credit card by calling the Information Desk at (702) 895-3394. Customer Service hours for the Information Desk are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
- Register by fax by submitting a Registration Form and credit card information to (702) 895-4195. Registration forms received outside of regular Customer Services hours listed above will be processed on the next business day.
- Register by standard mail by mailing a Registration Form with payment to the address listed below. Payment must accompany the form and can be any of the following:
a. Credit Card information listed on the Registration Form
b. Check or Money Order made out to Board of Regents
c. DO NOT SEND CASH
Mail Registration Forms to:
UNLV Continuing Education
4505 Maryland Parkway, Box 451019
Las Vegas, Nevada 89154-1019
- Register in person by visiting the Information Desk located at the UNLV Paradise Campus, 851 E. Tropicana Ave., on the corner of Tropicana and Swenson. Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
Visit Fees and Related Policies for more information regarding acceptable forms of payment and other related policies.