ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Individuals who are interested in supervising Peer Recovery Support Specialists (PRSS) in clinical and non- clinical settings will have an opportunity to learn how to use the 20 core competencies of peer supervision to provide guidance for peer workers and promote competent and ethical delivery of peer recovery support services. Attendees will have an opportunity to comprehend the recovery oriented philosophy and what the peer role entails; develop knowledge and job skills related to peer services and understand how to assist peers in developing these skills; exercise a strength-based person-centered approach and coach peer staff to develop self-awareness; and learn how to advocate for and promote peer services.
This Program is Perfect For
Individuals who are interested in supervising Peer Recovery Support Specialists (PRSS) in clinical and non- clinical settings.
What You Will Learn
- Demonstrate comprehension of the philosophy and duties associated with the peer role, recovery management and recovery oriented systems of care.
- Facilitate the development of knowledge and skills related to the peer service role, ethical standards, documentation and boundary management. ●
- Develop proficiency in 20 core competencies of Peer Recovery Support supervision.
- Exercise strength-based person-centered approach in supervision to help peer staff strengthen self- awareness and interpersonal skills
- Advocate for and promote peer recovery support services within organizations
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role supervisors play in data collection and the importance of maintaining familiarity with expected outcomes.
Ways To Register
- Register online with a credit card at https://register.edoutreach.unlv.edu/ Returning students should login with their Continuing Education Student ID number (typically in the format of X00-00-000 or XW0-00-0000) or email address. New students should click on the Sign Up button or the “create account” link to create an account.
- Register by phone with a credit card by calling the Information Desk at (702) 895-3394. Customer Service hours for the Information Desk are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
- Register by fax by submitting a Registration Form and credit card information to (702) 895-4195. Registration forms received outside of regular Customer Services hours listed above will be processed on the next business day.
- Register by standard mail by mailing a Registration Form with payment to the address listed below. Payment must accompany the form and can be any of the following:
a. Credit Card information listed on the Registration Form
b. Check or Money Order made out to Board of Regents
c. DO NOT SEND CASH
Mail Registration Forms to:
UNLV Continuing Education
4505 Maryland Parkway, Box 451019
Las Vegas, Nevada 89154-1019
- Register in person by visiting the Information Desk located at the UNLV Paradise Campus, 851 E. Tropicana Ave., on the corner of Tropicana and Swenson. Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
Visit Fees and Related Policies for more information regarding acceptable forms of payment and other related policies.