ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Given the large Spanish-speaking population in the Las Vegas area, the need for current and future healthcare professionals to speak Spanish has never been greater.
This series will train current and future medical professionals (nurses, pharmacists, physicians, dentists, physical therapists, medical assistants, etc.) to speak and understand Spanish in a healthcare setting by focusing on oral communication and listening strategies. You can expect to learn general medical vocabulary, beginning grammar structures, pronunciation, communication strategies, and cross-cultural issues.
Knowing Spanish will help you provide better care to Spanish-speaking patients and bolster your resume if you are seeking employment or applying to graduate, professional, or medical school.
This Program is Perfect For
Healthcare providers, medical assistants, and other professionals who want to better understand and speak to Spanish speaking individuals in a healthcare setting.
Ways To Register
- Register online with a credit card at https://register.edoutreach.unlv.edu/ Returning students should login with their Continuing Education Student ID number (typically in the format of X00-00-000 or XW0-00-0000) or email address. New students should click on the Sign Up button or the “create account” link to create an account.
- Register by phone with a credit card by calling the Information Desk at (702) 895-3394. Customer Service hours for the Information Desk are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
- Register by fax by submitting a Registration Form and credit card information to (702) 895-4195. Registration forms received outside of regular Customer Services hours listed above will be processed on the next business day.
- Register by standard mail by mailing a Registration Form with payment to the address listed below. Payment must accompany the form and can be any of the following:
a. Credit Card information listed on the Registration Form
b. Check or Money Order made out to Board of Regents
c. DO NOT SEND CASH
Mail Registration Forms to:
UNLV Continuing Education
4505 Maryland Parkway, Box 451019
Las Vegas, Nevada 89154-1019
- Register in person by visiting the Information Desk located at the UNLV Paradise Campus, 851 E. Tropicana Ave., on the corner of Tropicana and Swenson. Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
Visit Fees and Related Policies for more information regarding acceptable forms of payment and other related policies.