UNLV Lee Business School is partnering with UNLV Continuing Education to launch the Executive Certificate in Business Administration in Fall 2018.
The Executive Certificate in Business Administration is designed to introduce practicing managers, business owners, and professionals to the most important concepts, tools, and techniques taught in today’s business schools. Boost your productivity, confidence, and effectiveness when managing yourself, others, and your business.
In today’s knowledge-based economy, your career trajectory and salary potential increasingly depend on how well you adapt to an ever-changing business environment. The four certificate courses leading to the Executive Certificate in Business Administration prepare you to flex with evolutions in business by teaching you how to step back and assess staffing, business processes, economic trends, and financial opportunity.
Earning the Executive Certificate in Business Administration:
To earn the Executive Certificate in Business Administration, participants will be required to complete four business certificate courses in people management, logistics, the economic environment, and financial and business performance. These certificate courses provide a foundation of knowledge for the business professional to advance their career. Courses in this program are led by industry-leading faculty from the Lee Business School as well as respected Las Vegas businesspeople.
The following certificate courses may be taken independently. Complete all four to earn the comprehensive Executive Certificate in Business Administration.
Certificate Course in Business & People Management: This certificate course provides the most up-to-date approaches to managing and leading people. Participants will learn principles of effective people management and how to apply them to their business or work team. Specific topics include managing conflict, leading through change, and methods for conflict resolution. Completing this certificate course will provide participants with tools and techniques they can immediately apply to their workplace.
Certificate Course in Business Logistics & Processes: This certificate course covers key concepts in managing the core systems and processes in your business. Specific topics include handling budgeting and reporting; consumer behavior and marketing; the supply chain; and information systems. Strengthen your understanding of these key concepts through specific examples of how to apply them within your work environment.
Certificate Course in Business & the Economic Environment: This certificate course explores the challenges and opportunities in the current economic, legal, and international business environments. Specific topics include:
- Understanding economic conditions such as business cycles, inflation, unemployment, interest rates, and fiscal and monetary policies and how they impact business operations in a global economy.
- Identifying common legal pitfalls such as the basics of contract, tort, and property law, as well as laws of legal entities.
- Understanding how to do business globally and the challenges and opportunities for businesses working across borders.
Certificate Course in Financial & Business Performance: This certificate course provides tools and techniques for measuring the performance of your business. Specific topics include:
- Appreciating the basic operations of the market economy, including supply and demand, pricing strategies, and cost drivers as they apply to your business.
- Developing a winning strategy with specific tools and techniques to define and refine your plan.
- Developing a bullet-proof financial plan. Discuss how managers and investors evaluate projects and investments to determine whether an investment should be undertaken. Specifically, explore the methods and process of capital budgeting, the cost of raising capital, risk and return, and how to value future cash flows.
- Reviewing principles of accounting to measure the success of your business. We will provide a comprehensive picture of how managers, owners, and other stakeholders use accounting information to make decisions.
Who Should Attend:
The Executive Certificate in Business Administration for experienced or high-potential managers and business professionals seeking a stronger foundation in current business theory and practice. Entrepreneurs or current business owners who want a baseline of business knowledge will also benefit from participating in this program. If you are eager to learn and apply core business concepts, this certificate program is for you.
Courses will be highly interactive and include both in-person and online learning experiences. Each certificate course will be organized into four highly participatory two-day seminars with plenty of application of cutting-edge business concepts. These seminars will be supplemented with interactive online course material to extend your learning into your workplace and life. This program combines the best of both online and in-person learning.
The Executive Certificate in Business Administration program is staffed with leading professors from the UNLV Lee School of Business as well as respected business professionals from the Las Vegas area. These instructors have significant experience in teaching business concepts and skills in a way that is readily understandable and immediately useful. Actively engaged in research and practice, they bring their cutting-edge discoveries and insights into their classrooms.
About the UNLV Lee School of Business:
With a faculty of almost 100 full-time professors, the Lee School of Business is the only AACSB accredited business program within 150 miles of Las Vegas. Its mission is to cultivate leaders and transform business. Through our teaching, research, and service we transform the lives of our students and the communities we serve—Las Vegas, the state of Nevada, the United States, and the world.