Enrich yourself and broaden your knowledge with new leadership skills. Leaders must be able to manage individual employees as well as strategically move the overall organization forward. The UNLV Organizational Leadership Certificate Program is a comprehensive professional development opportunity covering a wide range of best practices in leadership to help you approach the complex challenges inherent in organizational growth and change. You will enhance your skills to build stronger teams and successfully lead initiatives within organizations.
Earn your UNLV Organizational Leadership Certificate
The certificate program is geared toward new professionals or those looking to enhance their leadership skills to advance their careers. Through this curriculum, you will:
- Develop knowledge of a variety of leadership theories and models.
- Gain a greater understanding of personal identities, both self and others, and how those identities shape roles within an organization.
- Examine intrinsic and extrinsic motivations of individuals and the impacts of those motivations on an organization.
To earn the Organizational Leadership Certificate, you must register for the certificate application course 173CP9999D and successfully complete the following required core course plus an additional 2.4 CEUs of elective courses.
- Fundamentals of Leadership
- Effective Facilitation of Meetings & Discussions
- Developing Mentorship Programs
- Change Management
- Coaching & Counseling for Success
- Creating a Strategic Paradigm
- Making the Transition from Manager to Leader
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Strategic Planning I & II
- Succession Planning
- Communication Strategies: First-time Managers or Supervisors
- Fostering a Diverse & Inclusive Workplace
|Organizational Leadership Academic Plan||120.42 KB|