ABOUT THE PROGRAM
There are more than 3,000 homeowner associations (HOAs) in Nevada, and the number is growing. If you are interested in becoming a community association manager (CAM), UNLV Continuing Education's Community Manager Preparation Course provides an opportunity to learn the basic community association management skills and meet the requirements for community management according to Nevada Revised Statutes 116 and 116A.
This course meets Nevada’s mandated 60-hour classroom education requirement for those who are involved in common-interest community management (HOAs). Upon successful completion of this course, you are eligible to take the exam to become a certified community association manager in the state.
This Program is Perfect For
Current or prospective employees of common-interest communities who wish to fulfill Nevada state requirements for becoming a certified community association manager.
What You Will Learn
By the end of the program students will:
- Meet the education requirements in NRS 116A and NAC 116A and will be eligible to take the exam to obtain state certification as a community manager.
- Be able to apply the provisions in NRS 116 and NAC 116 to the management of common-interest communities.
- Be able to apply core business practices to solve problems within common-interest communities and have the core knowledge necessary to obtain employment as a community manager.
- Understand how to comply with various state and federal laws governing common-interest communities.
To earn the Community Management Preparation Certificate you must successfully complete the Community Manager Preparation course. This certificate is required for those who are involved in common-interest community management (HOAs). The course meets Nevada’s mandated 60-hour classroom education requirement as outlined in NRS 116, 116A, and NAC 116 and 116A. Upon successful completion of this course, you are eligible to take the exam to become a certified community association manager in Nevada.
Once you fulfill all certificate program requirements as outlined in the Academic Plan, you may request your certificate.
Ways To Register
- Register online with a credit card at register.edoutreach.unlv.edu/ Returning students should login with their Continuing Education Student ID number (typically in the format of X00-00-000 or XW0-00-0000) or email address. New students should click on the Sign Up button or the “create account” link to create an account.
- Register by phone with a credit card by calling the Information Desk at 702-895-3394. Customer Service hours for the Information Desk are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
- Register by fax by submitting a Registration Form and credit card information to 702-895-4195. Registration forms received outside of regular Customer Services hours listed above will be processed on the next business day.
- Register by standard mail by mailing a Registration Form with payment to the address listed below. Payment must accompany the form and can be any of the following:
a. Credit Card information listed on the Registration Form
b. Check or Money Order made out to Board of Regents
c. DO NOT SEND CASH
Mail Registration Forms to:
UNLV Continuing Education
4505 Maryland Parkway, Box 451019
Las Vegas, Nevada 89154-1019
- Register in person by visiting the Information Desk located at the UNLV Paradise Campus, 851 E. Tropicana Ave., on the corner of Tropicana Avenue and University Center Drive. Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
Visit Fees and Related Policies for more information regarding acceptable forms of payment and other related policies.