ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Bail Agents are licensed and qualified individuals who are authorized to post bail bonds, and who play a critical role in judicial proceedings. Duties consist of determining the risk of the defendant and whether to post a bond, whether the defendant has violated one of the court’s terms of release, and whether the defendant has failed to appear in court. Learn the essentials needed in order to apply to become a licensed Bail Agent, including the relevant statutes and regulations, duties of licensee’s, records management, agreements, premiums and charges, collateral, apprehension and surrender, prohibited acts, advertising, bail forfeitures, and court terminating liability. Instruction will be provided in compliance with the rules of the Nevada Division of Insurance and Nevada courts This course fulfills the “Nevada State Bail Pre-Licensing Course” as required by the Nevada Division of Insurance.
In order to become a Bail Agent in the State of Nevada, you must be 18 years or older and a resident of Nevada for at least one year.
Once you fulfill all certificate program requirements as outlined in the Academic Plan, you may request your certificate.
Ways To Register
- Register online with a credit card at https://register.edoutreach.unlv.edu/ Returning students should login with their Continuing Education Student ID number (typically in the format of X00-00-000 or XW0-00-0000) or email address. New students should click on the Sign Up button or the “create account” link to create an account.
- Register by phone with a credit card by calling the Information Desk at (702) 895-3394. Customer Service hours for the Information Desk are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
- Register by fax by submitting a Registration Form and credit card information to (702) 895-4195. Registration forms received outside of regular Customer Services hours listed above will be processed on the next business day.
- Register by standard mail by mailing a Registration Form with payment to the address listed below. Payment must accompany the form and can be any of the following:
a. Credit Card information listed on the Registration Form
b. Check or Money Order made out to Board of Regents
c. DO NOT SEND CASH
Mail Registration Forms to:
UNLV Continuing Education
4505 Maryland Parkway, Box 451019
Las Vegas, Nevada 89154-1019
- Register in person by visiting the Information Desk located at the UNLV Paradise Campus, 851 E. Tropicana Ave., on the corner of Tropicana and Swenson. Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
Visit Fees and Related Policies for more information regarding acceptable forms of payment and other related policies.