ABOUT THE PROGRAM
As a front-line supervisor or manager, you make daily decisions to highlight individual strengths and maximize team effectiveness. The success of your team depends on your choices in managing the motivation, the conflicts, the diversity, and the performance of all team members.
As you work toward a UNLV Management Certificate, you will develop skills in five key management competency areas: conflict management, communications, people/team management, project management, and managing diversity in the workplace.
This Program is Perfect For
Front-line managers and supervisors eager to improve their team's performance. It is also an ideal training path for seasoned managers looking to upgrade skills.
What You Will Learn
By the end of the program students will:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the tools a supervisor/manager must have to lead a team to its full potential.
- Develop an ability to navigate performance issues and implement effective performance management strategies.
- Be equipped to navigate the ever-evolving dynamic of the modern workplace.
- Acquire strategic and systematic management skill sets.
To earn the Management Certificate you must successfully complete a minimum of 3.2 CEUs. It is recommended that individuals complete at least one course in each of the five competency areas:
- Conflict Management: What is Conflict & How Do I Resolve It (CP6191)
- Communication Strategies: Dealing with Problem Employees (IN3393)
- How to Deal with Disagreements, Conflict, & Confrontation (PG1191)
- Effective Facilitation of Meetings & Discussions (CP6302)
- Communication Strategies: First-Time Manager or Supervisor (CP6177)
- Communicate with Difficult People with Tact & Skill (CX1106)
- Communication Strategies: The Art of Courageous Conversations (CP6393)
- Managing & Responding to Poor Employee Performance (CP6125)
- Successful Performance Management (CP6173)
- Coaching & Counseling for Success (CP6165)
- The New Manager’s Tool Kit (CP6158)
- Creating a High Functioning Team Using Strengths (CP6139)
- The ABCs of Strategic Thinking (CP6166)
- The Project Management Life Cycle (CP6202)
- Problem Solving & Decision Making (CP6182)
- Project Management Skills Everyone Needs (CP6174)
Once you fulfill all certificate program requirements as outlined in the Academic Plan, you may request your certificate.