ABOUT THE PROGRAM
An effective and highly-valued project manager plays the roles of leader, communicator, negotiator, collaborator, problem solver, delegator, and decision maker. They must be able to analyze project needs and nimbly adapt the project management approach to fit the situation.
The Advanced Project Management Certificate walks you through the full project management lifecycle—from vision, to assembling a team, to breaking down responsibilities, to managing tasks and expectations, to final evaluation.
Classroom learning sessions are augmented with computer-based project management simulations designed to apply your growing skillset. This sophisticated project management curriculum includes online, face-to-face, simulation, and exam preparation courses.
Successful completion of all four courses leads to an Advanced Project Management Certificate from UNLV. It will also allow you to pursue PMP® or CAPM® certification.
This Program is Perfect For
This certificate is for experienced project managers ready to reap the professional rewards of earning one of the most well-respected professional designations in the world. The Advanced Project Management Certificate will prepare you to deliver complex projects on time and on budget.
This training fulfills the project management education requirements to take the PMP or CAPM exam.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of the Advanced Project Management Certificate program, you will be able to:
- Identify and apply common project management terminology
- Apply fundamental project management principles
- Analyze project needs and adapt the project management approach to meet the needs
- Synthesize team members, stakeholders, and plans to create alignment and produce success
- Evaluate project metrics, make adjustments, and lead a team to successful project completion
- Prepare for nationally recognized project management certification exams
To earn the Advanced Program Management Certificate you must successfully complete four core courses.
Courses may not be taken individually for this certificate as each builds upon the prior course. You must register for the full Advanced Project Management Bundle which consists of all four core courses:
- Project Management Training Camp
- Guiding Organizational Change
- PMP® Exam Preparation
- Project Management Fundamentals Online Lessons & Labs
Once you fulfill all certificate program requirements as outlined in the Academic Plan, you may request your certificate.
Ways To Register
You must register for the full Advanced Project Management Bundle. Courses may not be taken individually for this certificate as each builds upon the prior course. View individual courses for schedules.
- Register online with a credit card at https://register.edoutreach.unlv.edu/ Returning students should login with their Continuing Education Student ID number (typically in the format of X00-00-000 or XW0-00-0000) or email address. New students should click on the Sign Up button or the “create account” link to create an account.
- Register by phone with a credit card by calling the Information Desk at (702) 895-3394. Customer Service hours for the Information Desk are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
- Register by fax by submitting a Registration Form and credit card information to (702) 895-4195. Registration forms received outside of regular Customer Services hours listed above will be processed on the next business day.
- Register by standard mail by mailing a Registration Form with payment to the address listed below. Payment must accompany the form and can be any of the following:
a. Credit Card information listed on the Registration Form
b. Check or Money Order made out to Board of Regents
c. DO NOT SEND CASH
Mail Registration Forms to:
UNLV Continuing Education
4505 Maryland Parkway, Box 451019
Las Vegas, Nevada 89154-1019
- Register in person by visiting the Information Desk located at the UNLV Paradise Campus, 851 E. Tropicana Ave., on the corner of Tropicana and Swenson. Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
Visit Fees and Related Policies for more information regarding acceptable forms of payment and other related policies.