ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Step up your fundraising expertise so your nonprofit can stabilize its finances and focus on its mission. Delve into all aspects of a thriving, sustainable fundraising enterprise alongside other current and prospective fundraising professionals.
The Nonprofit Fundraising Certificate curriculum covers ethics, best practice processes and procedures, data collection and management, and donor relations. You will explore varied campaign types and fundraising strategies, including annual campaigns, legacy giving, capital campaigns, special events, corporate or private sponsorship, government funding, grants, and online giving. Along the way you will gain an understanding of why people give and learn how to articulate a compelling case for support.
This Program is Perfect For
Current and prospective nonprofit fundraising professionals.
What You Will Learn
By the end of the program students will:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of nonprofit fundraising and how each component works in harmony with the others.
- Possess the tools, knowledge, and resources needed to advance fundraising and nonprofit leadership.
- Generate an informed, strategic development plan and infrastructure to support that plan.
- Learn and hone the skills, strategies, and tactics to help your organization raise more money.
To earn the Nonprofit Fundraising Certificate you must successfully complete four core courses plus an additional 2.4 CEUs of elective courses.
Once you fulfill all certificate program requirements as outlined in the Academic Plan, you may request your certificate.
- Gregory Gudenkauf, MPA, AFP Master Trainer; Director of Development, Opportunity Village
- Stacey Wedding, Founder and Chief Strategist, Professionals in Philanthropy
- T. Clay Buck, CFRE, AFP Master Trainer; Founder and Senior Consultant, Tactical Fundraising Solutions
- Helen Arnold, CFRE, AFP Master Trainer; President, Arnold Olsen Consulting
- Caleen Johnson, CFRE; Executive Director, Nathan Adelson Hospice Foundation
- Angel Williams, Community Relations Manager, NV Energy
Ways To Register
- Register online with a credit card at https://register.edoutreach.unlv.edu/ Returning students should login with their Continuing Education Student ID number (typically in the format of X00-00-000 or XW0-00-0000) or email address. New students should click on the Sign Up button or the “create account” link to create an account.
- Register by phone with a credit card by calling the Information Desk at (702) 895-3394. Customer Service hours for the Information Desk are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
- Register by fax by submitting a Registration Form and credit card information to (702) 895-4195. Registration forms received outside of regular Customer Services hours listed above will be processed on the next business day.
- Register by standard mail by mailing a Registration Form with payment to the address listed below. Payment must accompany the form and can be any of the following:
a. Credit Card information listed on the Registration Form
b. Check or Money Order made out to Board of Regents
c. DO NOT SEND CASH
Mail Registration Forms to:
UNLV Continuing Education
4505 Maryland Parkway, Box 451019
Las Vegas, Nevada 89154-1019
- Register in person by visiting the Information Desk located at the UNLV Paradise Campus, 851 E. Tropicana Ave., on the corner of Tropicana and Swenson. Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on university-observed holidays).
Visit Fees and Related Policies for more information regarding acceptable forms of payment and other related policies.